Richmond Outdoor Committee
- Upcoming Workshops
- About ROCK
- Women's Wilderness Series
- Previous Workshops
- Madison County 4-H Clubs/Events
- Local Outdoor Recreation Shops
2022 Upcoming Workshops
- Kentucky Geology Event Saturday, November 19th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm @ Taylor Fork Ecological Area
To stay up-to-date and get information on other community events follow the ROCK's Facebook Page!
Richmond Parks & Recreation and ROCK want to empower women to feel confident and safe when they get out in the wilderness. The purpose of this series is to educate beginners and long-term outdoor recreationalists alike to learn more about hiking, backpacking, camping, etc. and how to stay safe and healthy during their experiences.
|Backpacking Tips/Talk||Thursday, April 21st @ 6pm at Irvine-McDowell Park (Large Shelter)|
|Women's Self-Defense||Thursday, April 28th @ 6pm at Irvine-McDowell Park (Field)|
|Mapping/Orienteering||Thursday, May 5th @ 6pm at Taylor Fork Ecological Area|
|Kayaking Intro Workshop||Thursday, May 12th @ 6pm at Lake Reba Park (Near Boat Dock)|
|Wilderness Survival Skills||Thursday, May 19th @ 6pm at Irvine-McDowell Park (Large Shelter)|
|Handgun Safety Workshop||Thursday, June 9th @ 6pm at 2489 Box Ankle Rd, Richmond, KY 40475|
|Overnight Camping Trip||Saturday, June 18th @ 5pm at Taylor Fork Ecological Area ($10 per person, dinner & breakfast included, limited space)|
To register for these workshops CLICK HERE!
Previous 2021 Rock Workshops / Events
- October 30th - Bat and Owl Prowl at Taylor Fork Ecological Area with EKU Division of Natural Areas - rescheduled
- October 23rd - Nature Explorers at Camp Catalpa
- October 15th-17th - Berea GeoTour Geocaching Event
- October 8th - Movie in the Park: Hocus Pocus at Irvine McDowell Park
- October 7th - Invasive Plant Workshop at EKU with EKU Division of Natural Areas
- October 7th - Women's Wilderness Series "What to Pack" at Irvine McDowell park with EKU Recreation and Park Administration
- September 30th - Sunset Yoga at Chenault Vineyards - September 23rd - Sunset Yoga at Chenault Vineyards
- September 29th - Women's Wilderness Series "Wilderness Safety" at Irvine McDowell Park with EKU Division of Natural Areas
- September 25th and 26th - Intro to Hunting Course at Richmond Teen Center with KY Department of Fish and Wildlife
- September 25th - Nature Explorers at Camp Catalpa with EKU Department of Recreation and Park Administration
- September 24th - Astronomical Night at Irvine McDowell Park with Madison Co. Public Library
- September 19th - Adult Kickball Game at Lake Reba
- September 18th - Monarch Butterfly Tagging Event at Taylor Fork Ecological Area with EKU Division of Natural Areas
- September 12th - Adult Kickball Game at Lake Reba
- September 10th - Spider and Moth Prowl at Taylor Fork Ecological Area with EKU Division of Natural Areas
- September 10th - Movie in the Park at Irvine McDowell Park with Madison Co. Public Library
- September 2nd - Women's Self-Defense Class (Gina Elliott with AFS Academy of Martial Arts and Fitness) at Richmond Teen Center
- August 28th - Kayak Race at Lake Reba with Excel Health
- August 28th - Nature Explorers at Camp Catalpa
- August 7th- Par2 Disc Golf Tournament at Camp Catalpa with MadCo Disc Golf Club
- July 31st - Kayak Race at Lake Reba with Excel Health
- July 31st - Clean up at Camp Catalpa with MadCo Disc Golf Club and Others
- July 29th and 30th 2021 - Hook and Cook Program with KY Fish and Wildlife
- July 24th - Family Nature Day at Taylor Fork Ecological Area with EKU Division of Natural Areas
- June 26th - Introduction to Family Camping at Camp Catalpa with Mike's Hike and Bike and Madison Co. Library
- June 26th - Nature Explorers at Camp Catalpa - Camping Games, Crafts and Activities
- June 26th - Kayak Race at Lake Reba with Excel Health
- June 5th - Fishing Derby at Lake Reba with KY Fish and Wildlife and Cain Pole
- May 22nd - Nature Explorers at Camp Catalpa - Grossology
- May 12th - Kayak Launch Ribbon Cutting at Lake Reba
- May 12th - Introduction to Kayaking Workshop at Lake Reba with Mike's Hike and Bike
- April 24th - Nature Explorers at Camp Catalpa
- April 24th - Introduction to Geocaching with Berea Chamber GeoTour
- April 23rd - Main Street Cleanup
- April 22nd - Clean up at Camp Catalpa
- April 14th - Introduction to On-Road Cycling with Mike's Hike and Bike
- April 8th - Adult Softball Pick up Game at Lake Reba
- March 27th - Story Walk
- March 27th - Nature Explorers at Camp Catalpa
- March 26th - Introduction to Disc Golf Workshop with MadCo Disc Golf Club
- March 17th - Introduction to Hiking Workshop with Mike's Hike and Bike
4-H Outdoor Education Clubs
The 4-H Youth Development program creates opportunities and supportive environments for youth and adults to become capable, competent and caring citizens. The emphasis is on "hands-on" learning that focuses on the youth's area of interest. Programs are conducted with the help of parents, adult volunteer leaders and professional staff who organize educational experiences. Youth participate in organized 4-H clubs, special interest and project groups, 4-H school enrichment programs, 4-H camp and other special activities.
Interested in clubs such as Poultry Club, Livestock Club, Rabbit Club, Shooting Sports Club, Service Club, Lil Explorers Club, Disc Golf Club, Saddle Club, etc? Check out Madison County 4-h's outdoor clubs.
Save the Date - Madison County 4-H Camp is June 27th, 2022- June 30th, 2022.
Local fishing bait & tackle store located at 964 Commercial Drive, Richmond, KY 40475.
Local kayak rentals for Lake Reba, Mill Creek Lake, and Red River Gorge.
Lake Reba: Open Weekends beginning in early May from 10am-5pm. Summer Season is open Memorial Day Weekend- Labor Day Weekend from 10am-6pm.
(859) 310-4693 or (606) 618-0299