Paradise Cove Aquatic Center
- Daily Admission
- Season Passes
- Swim Lessons
- Birthday Parties
- Rules & Regulations
- Employment Opportunities
The Paradise Cove Aquatic Center opened in 2008 and features a good pool with diving boards, an ADA lift, an Aqua Climb rock climbing wall. The feature pool is a zero-depth entry and has a kid's play structure with water sprays, a net climb, and a dumping bucket. For the younger kids, there is a kid slide and an 18in a shallow pool. For older kids, and the young at heart, there is a family slide for multiple riders, a whirlpool, and open swim areas which are between 0 inches and 40 inches deep. The main attraction at this facility is the 40 feet slides- one straight chute and a spiral slide. Restrooms, lockers, and affordable concessions are all located on-site. Shade Structures and lounge chairs are available on a first-come/first-serve basis. Breaks are called every hour at 10 minutes to the hour for bathroom breaks. Adults are permitted to swim in both pools during this time while the children rest.
Hours of Operation
|Opening Day (Saturday, May 28th, 2022)||11:00AM-7:00PM|
|Memorial Day (Monday, May 30th, 2022)||11:00AM-7:00PM|
|Weekends Only (Starting Sunday, August 14th, 2022)||Saturdays: 11:00AM-7:00PM & Sundays: 1:00PM-6:00PM|
|Labor Day/Closing Day (Monday, September 5th, 2022)||11:00AM-7:00PM|
Daily Admission Prices
No refunds will be issued; weather-related issues are included.
|Age||Daily Admission||Twilight Admission (After 4pm)|
|3 and under||Free||FREE|
|Child (4 to 13)||$5||$4|
|Youth (14 to 17)||$6||$4|
|Senior (60 and Over)||$5||$3|
|Camps / Daycare||Must call to schedule trip 7 days in advance. (Limit 25 people)|
|FREE SWIM||Friday, June 24th AND Friday, July 23rd from 7:20PM-9:00PM|
You may also purchase season passes at the Richmond Parks & Recreation Department (345 Lancaster Avenue) or at Paradise Cove Aquatic Center (274 Lake Reba Drive).
Season Pass sales for 2022 will end June 30th.
Season Pass Sales Information - Individual Passes Only
- Season Pass (Ages 4 to 13): $45 per person
- Season Pass (Ages 14 and Over): $45 per person
- Children 3 and Under are Free and do not require a season pass. Please check-in at the Front Desk for admittance
Season Pass Additional Information
- All pass holders must have a picture on file. Pictures will be taken at the Paradise Cove Facility or can be uploaded when purchasing online. Each Pass member will receive a digital ID that will be scanned when entering the facility. This will be linked to your account. All Season Pass Holders can check-in by scanning their digital QR code and by the staff verifying your picture.
- Please bring your QR Code to check-in at the front desk of the pool using our season pass scanner.
- Any children, ages 13 and under, must be accompanied by an adult or someone 16 years of age or older. If children ages 13 and under attempt to enter the pool facility without an adult, access will be denied and they will be required to contact a parent/guardian to pick them up. Parents/guardians that drop off their children must make proper arrangements to pick up their children no later than the close of the facility.
- On occasion, various groups might utilize the facility which would close down the pool to the public and season pass holders. An email will be sent to all registered Season Pass Holders and will be posted at least one week in advance at the facility. Please be sure to supply a valid email and check our Facebook page for updates.
Session Begin Date
*All sessions listed are tentative depending on availability of instructors.
|Session 1: June 20- July 1||7:15pm/8:00pm||Preschool/Level 1|
|Session 2: July 11- July 22||7:15pm/8:00pm||Level 2/ Level 3|
|Session 3 (SAT ONLY CLASSES) June 25-July 16||10:00am/10:35am/11:10am||Water Babies(6mos-2 yr)/Prek/ Level 2|
|Session 4: July 25- Aug 5||7:15pm/8:00pm||TBD- Wait List Available|
|SEMI PRIVATE LESSONS (Session 1- June 13-16)||9:00am/9:30am/10:15am||PreK/Level 1/Level 1|
|Private Lessons - Any Age||TBD (mornings)||Minimum 3 sessions|
Swim Lesson Levels
Dependent upon Swim Lesson instructors- Levels to be taught include Pre-School, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Level 5.
GROUP SWIM LESSON- $65 per child (MAX 10 per class)
Swim Lessons are Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday. Please note: Fridays are make-up days in case of inclement weather or an unforeseen circumstance. (SAT ONLY CLASSES are offered Saturday mornings with a Saturday Morning make up)
Classes may cancel if minimum (3 students) is not met.
SEMI PRIVATE LESSONS- $90 per child (3 Lessons/Max 3 per class per level)
Swim Lessons will be scheduled in the morning based on instructor availability. Semi Private lessons are grouped by level.
PRIVATE LESSONS- $45/class (Minimum 3 Classes/ Max 1 per class)
Please contact the swim lesson coordinator to schedule private swim lessons. Offered in the morning based on instructor availability.
*A decision to move a child up or down a level might be made at poolside depending on the skill level.
*Maximum 10 students per class/Minimum 3 people.
*Fridays are make up days– for when classes are cancelled by us.
*If student signs up for classes and fails to show, then a makeup will NOT be offered.
*Students and/or parents will be called/texted by Swim Lesson Coordinator if the classes are cancelled.
*Please mark your calendar, no reminder calls before class.
Swim lessons must be paid for before each class or session online or at the Paradise Cove Front Desk. It is against policy to pay any instructor directly. In keeping with the ever-changing world of swimming and fitness, the American Red Cross and the United States Swimming Association have teamed up to bring a fresh, new multi-level program to the public. Each person’s skills will be assessed the first day to ensure proper placement.
If Paradise Cove Swim Classes will be canceled as the weather dictates. If at all possible, the swim lesson coordinator will text or email you 30 minutes prior to classes beginning to let patrons know if classes have been canceled for that day. Please call (859)626-7665 if you have not received a text or email.
Class space is limited therefore refunds are allowed in the case of doctor’s recommendations or extreme circumstances due to family illness, etc. Anyone who would like a refund on an activity must complete a Request for Refund form 10 days in advance of the scheduled class. If the request is approved, prorated refunds will take 10-14 business days to process and will be issued in a check from the City of Richmond. A $5 processing fee will be assessed as well.
Water Babies & Toddlers (Ages 6 months – 3 years)
This is an interactive class between parent and child in the pool. This class will introduce the child to the aquatic environment; kicking and arm movements; correct holding techniques; and lots of FUN!
All Children who are not potty trained will need to wear a swim diaper with a vinyl pant over top of the swim diaper. Unless otherwise noted, Fridays will be utilized as a makeup date for unplanned pool closings (ie severe weather or other unforeseen incidents).
Preschool Aquatics Program (Ages 3 – 5 years)
The program consists of three levels that promote developmentally appropriate learning of fundamental water safety and aquatic skills consisting of water entry and exit’ breath control and submersion, floating, changing direction and positions, treading water, swimming on the front and back as well as water safety skills in every level.
Level I – Introduction to Water Skills (Approximately 6 years of age and up)
Level 1- This class is for those children who are ready to be in the pool without a parent or guardian. Participants will learn breath control by blowing bubbles and submerging their face. they will practice body position on their front and back while increasing their comfort and independence. This is a basic class. If your child is already comfortable in the water, it might be suggested that you register for Level 2. (Typically for children who are just getting used to being in the pool. Lessons will take place on the left side of the feature pool in water that is approximately 18inches deep. Child must be able to stay in water without parent.) Water safety rules such as, "Always swim with a buddy in a supervised area", will be discusses, as will life jacket safety.
Level II – Fundamental Aquatic Skills
Participants will learn rhythmic breathing and how to retrieve objects while fully submerged. they will learn combined arm and leg motions on the front and the back as well as how to move their legs alternately on the side. They will learn to roll over front – to – back and back – to -front and how to tread water. Students will review the water safety rules from Level I and discuss new topics, including how to enter the water safely in a pool or open water, how to recognize and emergency, and how to get help. Prerequisites: completion of Level I or Preschool Level II or demonstration of prior skills requirements.
Level III – Stroke Development
This class will work on technique for the front and back crawl strokes and will introduce the butterfly kick and body motion. Students will learn to tread water for 30 seconds and begin learning head-first entries. they will work on rotary breathing. Your child will learn how to dive safely and what to do in an emergency. This is a great place to begin learning competitive swimming techniques. Prerequisites: completion of Level II or Preschool Level III or demonstration of prior level skills requirements.
Level IV – Stroke Development
This level will improve students’ front crawl and back crawl, and introduce them to the breaststroke and elementary breaststroke. they will also become more proficient with the butterfly and will begin to learn the side stroke. Participants will continue to improve their diving skills. In addition to general water safety, the students will learn how to perform a throwing assist and how to care for a conscious choking victim. Prerequisites: completion of Level III or demonstration of prior level skills requirements.
Level V – Stroke Refinement
Students will learn how to perform a long shallow dive as well as surface dives. they will begin to learn flip turns on the front and back. Students will build their endurance for all of the major strokes and finish learning the sidestroke. They will also focus on survival swimming and rescue breathing.
Adult Beginners- Water adjustment and basic swimming skills such as floating, kicking, and arm movements are the focus. This class is for 15 years and up.
Private Swim Lessons
Sometimes we all need a little extra help. Private swimming lessons allow the student to progress at their own rate and meet individual goals. Classes meet for 30 minutes and are offered in a 3 class format. Scheduling is coordinated with the pool schedule by the instructor and with the student’s availability in consideration.
Private Lesson Guidelines include a 4 hour cancellation policy and an 8-week completion time frame. Students can begin at the age of 3 years to adults. You can request private lessons by signing up online at parks.richmond.ky.us
For course registration fees and dates be sure to follow us on Facebook or visit our website parks.richmond.ky.us . For more information please call (859)626-7665. Must have a least 3 students registered.
A party room, housed in the main building is a perfect place to have your summer gathering! Rent this air-conditioned room which offers four tables, 25 chairs, with a sink and a refrigerator for your convenience. Reservations must be made in advance. Starting in January, reservations for the party room can be made at the Richmond Parks and Recreation Department.
Prices include room rental fees and admission for up to 25 people. After your party, you are welcome to swim and play for the rest of the day. The last part of the day includes a price adjustment to reflect the closing time of the pool. A $25 deposit is required and must be paid at least 2 weeks in advance of reservation.
|Day||Times||Cost, Plus Tax|
|Monday through Saturday||11:30 am to 1:30 pm||$150|
|Monday through Saturday||2:00 to 4:00 pm||$150|
|Monday through Saturday||4:30 to 6:30 pm||$125|
|Sunday||1:30 to 3:30 pm||$150|
|Sunday||4:00 to 6:00 pm||$125|
Private Parties & Corporate Events
Are you looking to host an after-hours event for your group or business? Bring your group to Paradise Cove for a fun and festive party. We reserve the lap pool, the feature pool, or both pools to meet your needs after regular business hours. Reservations are only made through the Parks and Recreation Office. Please call 859-623-8753 to discuss your upcoming event.
- 1st week of June through July 31st and Weekends in August, Monday through Friday, No Availability
- 1st week of June through July 31st and Weekends in August, Saturday, 7:15 to 9 pm
- 1st week of June through July 31st and Weekends in August, Sunday, 11 am to 12:45 pm or 6:15 to 8 pm
- Week of 4th of July, Daily, Call for availability
- Weekdays in August after Madison County Schools are in session | Call for availability.
For current prices and rental information please see our Private Party Reservation Form 2022
Rules & Regulations
- Lifeguards have the authority to prohibit any behavior or activity that poses a risk of incident or injury.
- Running, pushing, and horseplay are not permitted.
- Anyone wishing to ride the two forty foot slides must be at least 48 inches tall.
- Any children, ages 13 and under, must be accompanied by an adult or someone 16 years of age or older. If children ages 13 and under attempt to enter the pool facility without an adult, access will be denied and they will be required to contact a parent/guardian to pick them up.
- Parents/guardians that drop off their children must make proper arrangements to pick up their children no later than the close of the facility.
- Parents leaving their children at the facility with an adult that is not considered a legal guardian should insure that their child has a phone number where they can immediately be contacted, in the event of an emergency
- Video recording at the facility shall only be conducted with the express written consent of the City.
- Person(s) who habitually violate the rules and regulations, or those patrons that continue to exhibit behavior that is deemed unsafe, or inappropriate will be asked to leave the facility, with no refund due. Repeat offenders will not be granted access to the facility and will not receive a refund. The City of Richmond reserves the right to suspend all season passes in the event that rules and regulations have been broken.
- No Pool Noodles, toys or floats allowed.
- No Outside Food or Drinks, with the exception of water bottles. No Coolers permitted. A Picnic area outside is available for use.
- Smoking, Vaping, and smokeless tobacco are not permitted inside the pool area. A fenced in smoking area with picnic tables is located in a designated area.
- You may bring your own chairs and shade structures. Shade canopies must be set up in the grassy area only.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper and plastic pants. Bathroom breaks are called every hour at 10 minutes to the hour. Please take your children to the restroom at that time.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices may be worn. Arm Floats, plastic float rings and rafts are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Guests with open cuts, abrasions, or sores are not permitted to enter the water.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Spitting and blowing the nose in the pool are not permitted.
- All patrons are asked to shower before entering the pool.
- Admission is based on park capacity as established by the Fire Marshal and Health Department
- Lifeguards have the authority to prohibit any behavior or activity that poses a risk of incident or injury.
- Running, pushing, and horseplay are not permitted.
The intent of enforcing a swim attire policy is to maintain a clean, safe, and inviting environment for our patrons. Non-swimwear clothing can create problems with water clarity, disinfectant systems, and water filtration. The more cotton-like clothing present in a pool, the cloudier the water can become, which makes it an unsafe environment for all swimmers using the facility. Read rules about swim attire:
- All children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper and vinyl pants in the facility. Vinyl Swim pants and swim diapers will be available for purchase at the front desk or concession stand.
- Absolutely no metal rivets on swimsuits if riding slides
- Swim Suits and swim shorts will be the only attire approved for this pool.
- Our establishment respects each patron's need for modesty and religious compliance, but to be fair to all persons using the pool we must enforce swimwear attire consistently for all patrons. Shirts and/or shorts can be worn over swimsuits as long as they are made of nylon or lycra material.
- Nonacceptable swim attire: T-shirts, bras, sports bras, sports shorts, basketball shorts, jerseys, cut off jeans or other cotton materials, shorts or cover-ups worn over swimwear that is not made of swimsuit material, underwear or jockstraps worn under swimsuits or shorts, thong bikinis or suits that are deemed too revealing by pool staff for a family environment.
- In the event of a fecal contamination in the pool, the pool may close from one hour, up to 48 hours depending on the severity, in order to properly sanitize the effected area.
- Breaks are called every hour to ensure our patrons time to visit the restroom facilities. Please utilize these facilities for the health and the safety of other pool patrons.
- Children who are not potty trained must wear both swim diapers and vinyl swim pants. Vinyl pants can be reused.
- In the event of a fecal accident in the pool, the pool will close for several hours to clean and sanitize. If you have arrived within 2 hours of this accident, and the pool does not reopen, Paradise Cove will issue you a pass to return on another day. You must have a receipt to indicate what time you paid that day.
- When accidents happen in the pool, all park patrons are affected. Thank you for helping us encourage a happy and safe experience at Paradise Cove. We realize that this is an inconvenience for everyone, and we apologize for the situation. However, the City of Richmond cannot prevent these situations.
In the event of a Thunderstorm or other weather-related event, the pool will close and no refunds will be issued. The pool will reopen as soon as safely possible.
In the event the facility is closed for inclement weather, all patrons are required to leave the premises and/or make arrangements for transportation.
Person(s) who habitually violate the rules and regulations or those patrons that continue to exhibit behavior that is deemed unsafe, or inappropriate will be asked to leave the facility, with no refund due. Repeat offenders will not be granted access to the facility and will not receive a refund. The City of Richmond reserves the right to suspend all season passes in the event that rules and regulations have been broken.
Season Pass Rules & Information
- A Paradise Cove Season Pass is a discounted rate for admittance to the Paradise Cove Facility. There are no additional membership benefits.
- On days where the facility has reached maximum occupancy of 1100, season pass holders may have to wait in line to enter the facility. The Fire Marshall sets the maximum occupancy for the facility.
- Families with 4 or more children are eligible for a discounted rate if they purchase a season pass for two adults in the family and three additional children or one parent and four children. Discounts are only available in person at the Parks and Recreation Offices and parents must bring legal proof of guardianship or a copy of the birth certificate to be eligible for a discount.
- When meeting another adult at Paradise Cove who will be supervising your child, that adult must come to the front desk and take the children into the facility. No one will be allowed to enter the facility with out paying an admission fee.
- Parents leaving their children at the facility with an adult that is not considered a legal guardian should insure that their child has a phone number where they can immediately be contacted in the event of an emergency.
Videotaping at the facility shall only be conducted with the express written consent of the City. Digital camera or other camera usage must be approved by authorized Paradise Cove Staff.
Person(s) who habitually violate the rules and regulations, or those patrons that continue to exhibit behavior that is deemed unsafe, or inappropriate will be asked to leave the facility, with no refund due. Repeat offenders will not be granted access to the facility and will not receive a refund. The City of Richmond reserves the right to suspend all season passes in the event that rules and regulations have been broken.
Adventure Falls Combo Pass
Adventure Falls Miniature Golf Passes will be offered individually online or in person and can be combined with a Pool Pass. The passes are for mini golf only, not valid for batting cages. Key tags can be used to check in at both locations. Check the website for hours of operation.
Refunds, coupons, or other non-monetary items will not be given due to any pool closures.
We realize that this is an inconvenience for everyone, and we apologize for the situation. However, the City of Richmond cannot prevent these situations. These incidents occur in every public water facility.
No refunds of any form will be given to Season Pass Holders after June 15. If a refund is needed before this date, the season pass holder must complete a "request for refund form." If granted, any usage of the facility, the cost of materials, plus a $5 processing fee will be deducted from the prorated refund. Any and/or all requests for refunds will be at the sole discretion of the City, and all decisions will be final.
Concession Stand Workers, Swim Instructors & Front Desk Workers
Click here for all currently open employment opportunities with the City of Richmond. This information is continually updated with the latest openings so be sure to check back often. Applications typically available from February to April.
Bluegrass Pool Management is now hiring lifeguards for Paradise Cove Aquatic Center. If interested, please reach out by March 1st, 2022. Email email@example.com with your first & last name, age and desired pool in the subject line.
Applicants must be at least 15 years or older. Lifeguard/CPR Certifications is required. If needed, Lifeguard/CPR training can be provided.
For more information CLICK HERE.
Pool Phone Number-
Paradise Cove Aquatic Center
274 Lake Reba Drive
Richmond, KY 40475
Richmond Parks & Recreation
Irvinton House Museum
345 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475
Follow us on Facebook for updates. CLICK HERE!