Citizen Online Reporting: Submit or Obtain a Police Report
Richmond PD is pleased to announce the Citizen Online Reporting System. The System is available to residents of Richmond as an option to report incidents to the Richmond Police Department. This system provides citizens a quicker way to report crimes, resulting in more efficient use of victim’s time and police resources.
NOTE: If your situation is an emergency (a life or death situation or a crime in progress) immediately call 911.
You can submit a report to the Richmond Police Department for the following incidents:
- Harassing communications
- Fraudulent use of a credit/debit card (under $500 in a 6-month period)
- Theft by Unlawful Taking (stolen property valued at less than $500)
- Criminal mischief (under $1,000 in damage)
- Property lost or mislaid (valued at less than $500)
- Larceny from auto (less than $500)
You will be required to create an online account to file your first report. Keep your login and password for future use. The Online Citizen Police Report system allows you to submit a report to the police immediately and print a draft copy of the police report for free. NOTICE: If your incident involves a firearm of any kind, call (859) 624-4776 and an officer will be sent to investigate.
Please confirm the following to find out if the Online Citizen Police Report is right for you:
- This is not an emergency
- This incident occurred in city limits of Richmond, Kentucky
- You do not have any suspect information
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have a valid email address
- The crime did not involve a firearm
If you meet the above criteria, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. You will be required to create an online account to file your report, so keep your login information and password for future use.
It is a crime to make a false police report.
*Click here for Online Crime Incident Reporting
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a report number.
- Be able to print a draft copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.