The Department of Human Resources is responsible for four program areas which include: Human Resource Management, Benefit and Risk Management, Safety and Training, and Employee Development. Specific responsibility’s include:
- Advertising, recruiting and taking applications for all City positions
- Administering all tests for employment and promotions for all City positions
- Revision and interpretation of all personnel and safety policies, rules and regulations
- Classification/compensation/performance evaluation management.
- Benefit management, including medical insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, 401K and 457 deferred compensation plans and workers compensation.
- Risk management and administration of municipal liability and property insurances.
- Administering employee education assistance program; various safety/employee health and wellness programs.
- Administering the City’s Drug and Alcohol testing program.