Full Time Positions
CLASS TITLE: Recreation Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation Administration
PAY GRADE: 12
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Parks Recreation/Administration coordinates adult athletic programming including but not limited to Adult Softball, Special Needs, Special Olympics and Community Recreation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Plans, implements, organizes, budgets, coordinates and supervises the development of comprehensive community wide athletic and recreational programs for adults and special populations.
(2) Coordinates, supervises, trains and evaluates seasonal and part time staff and interns; solves staff disciplinary problems; develops standard performance measures for staff; organizes and schedules programs and use of facilities; and performs all duties in absence of subordinates.
(3) Plans, implements and organizes classes, special events, and special projects. Introduces new recreation program activities, materials, and equipment to staff members and other interested groups or individuals. Evaluates the effectiveness of programs by frequent personal visits, interviews, and consultations; implements recommended changes as necessary. Order and/or purchase necessary food, art supplies, office supplies and other supplies.
(4) Develops and monitors budgets, expenditures and payroll; collects program fees and/or sponsorship monies; coordinates with community service agencies; Ensure that purchases made with funds donated to the Madison County Special Olympics account are approved and accounted for. Ensures that purchases made with City of Richmond funds follow proper city procurement procedures.
(5) Responsible for athletic sign ups, meetings, official’s meetings, and record keeping.
(6) Administers and supervises the creation, production, and distribution of promotional material, newsletters, etc. for Special Populations activities and athletics to the public including social marketing. Creates schedules, manuals and forms, including menus related to Athletics and Special Populations programs.
(7) Responsible for overseeing Adventure Falls Miniature Golf Course, staff, schedules, inventory and ordering, maintenance and repairs.
(8) Responsible with helping with office work and Parks sponsored special events and programs, including some holiday work.
(9) Must be able to work with outside organizations for utilizing facilities for sporting events when needed.
(10) Must be able to make recommendations to the Parks Board for additional programming or changes to current programs.
(11) Speaks to various civics groups and student populations when called upon to do so. Attends community meetings or performs other public relations functions assigned by the Director of Recreation/Administration-Parks.
(12) May perform other duties or tasks deemed necessary by the Director of the Recreation/Administration.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants should have 2-4 years of professional experience working in the recreation field preferred.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in recreation or closely related field relative to the area of assignment and two (2) years of professional managerial or supervisory experience in therapeutic recreation; community recreation, athletics or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have good written and verbal skills.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Office Software and have working knowledge of computers and office equipment.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have business management skills.
- Must possess the ability to work closely with the public and fellow employees.
- Must be able to work closely with people with disabilities, their parents, and/or caregivers.
- Must have considerable knowledge of major sports, athletics, rules, tournaments, and officiating.
Additional Licenses/Certifications /Registrations/ Accreditations:
1) CPR certified within 6 months of the first day of orientation.
Applications accepted until close of business November 21st, 2018
Rate of pay: $14.00/hour
Submit applications to:
Human Resources 239 W. Main Street, Richmond KY. 40475
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
Part Time Positions
There are no part time openings at this time.
There are no seasonal openings at this time.
Submitting your Application
For applications and job descriptions, contact the Human Resource Department, during office hours, Monday-Friday: 9:00am to 3:00pm.
Applications should be submitted to:
City of Richmond Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 250
Richmond, KY 40476.
If you have any questions please call 859-623-1000 extension 1200.
Applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on the final day of acceptance for the position.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.