Full Time Positions
Police Officer (Sworn Position - Lateral)
CLASS TITLE: Police Officer (Sworn Position – Lateral)
BASE: $20.70 per hour -plus up to three years credit toward rate of pay
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: Under direct supervision of the shift commander, performs general duty police work in the enforcement of federal, state and local laws; community service; and does related work as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Patrols a designated area on foot or on radio equipped vehicle to preserve law and order, prevent and discover the commission of crime.
(2) Secures the scene of crime; conducts preliminary investigations, gathers evidence, obtains witnesses and makes arrests.
(3) Testifies as a witness in court.
(4) Serves summons and subpoenas.
(5) Investigates reports of stolen property: conducts follow-up investigations of homicides and thefts.
(6) Transports prisoners.
(7) Investigates reports of stolen property: conducts follow-up investigations of homicides and thefts.
(8) Investigates complaints of crimes committed by juveniles, and investigates places, areas and conditions that cause juvenile delinquency.
(9) Provides traffic control services in connection with school crossing, inoperative electronic traffic control devices, accidents, parades and special events.
(10) Prepares written reports on shift activities.
(11) Assists ambulance and fire services in emergency situations.
(12) Renders first aid.
(13) Administers Breath tests.
(14) Takes photographs and fingerprints for records.
(15) Investigates accidents and completes proper reports.
(16) Attends regular training classes in police methods, first aid, firearms instructions and related subjects.
(17) Participates in roll calls and debriefings.
(18) Renders assistance to citizens and the public as needed.
(19) May perform special related duties in special details or administrative services.
(20) Performs general duty police work.
(21) Responsibilities for Police Officer include but are not limited to the above duties.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent (GED). Completion of initial required training during the first year of employment. Prior law enforcement experience preferred.
SPECIAL NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS: Must be presently employed as a full time sworn Police Officer or hold a state certification as a peace officer with a minimum of three years’ sworn Police Officer experience. Must have completed the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council’s (KLEC) approved required Basic Training Course or a similar course in another state that would meet the Kentucky requirements for peace officer certification. Possession of an operator’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Must comply with the appropriate provisions of the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Some knowledge of police methods, practices, and procedures with ability to apply this knowledge to specific situations. Knowledge of the geography of the area or ability to acquire the knowledge rapidly. Working knowledge of preventive maintenance. Ability to remember names, faces and details of incidents. Ability to analyze situations and carry out oral and written instructions. Ability to analyze situations and to adopt a quick, effective and reasonable course of action, with regard to surrounding hazards and circumstances. Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive reports. Physical strength and agility and freedom from serious defects as indicated by a physical examination. Ability to deal courteously but firmly with the general public. Initiative. Firmness. Courtesy. Resourcefulness. Agility. Sound judgment. Integrity. Honesty.
Submit applications to:
Human Resources 239 W. Main Street, Richmond KY. 40475
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
Part Time Positions
There are no positions available at this time.
Paradise Cove Lifeguard (Seasonal)
“PPM is now accepting lifeguard applications for the 2020 season, beginning in January 1. Please email Brad at Brad40965@aol.com for the application process.” We will begin arranging interviews January 2, 2020.
Submitting your Application
For applications and job descriptions, contact the Human Resource Department, during office hours, Monday-Friday: 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Applications should be submitted to:
City of Richmond Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 250
Richmond, KY 40476.
If you have any questions please call 859-623-1000 extension 1200.
Applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on the final day of acceptance for the position.
The City of Richmond is an equal opportunity employer.