How to Obtain Police Reports
Police reports can be obtained at the Records Section located at the Richmond Police Administration Building.
Reports can be picked up during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday, from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. daily.
The Richmond Police Administration Building is located at:
- 1721 Lexington Road
Richmond, KY 40475
- (At the corner of Lexington Road and Foxhaven Drive)
Records Section telephone numbers:
- 859-623-1162 or
Traffic accident reports can be obtained online at buycrash.com.
Kentucky law (KRS 189.635) restriction on release of accident reports:
- To obtain a copy of a vehicle accident report, you must be a party to the accident, the parent or guardian of a minor who is party to the accident, insurers of any party who is the subject of the report, or an attorney of the parties.
- Reports will generally be available to the public within 3 to 5 days of the report being taken by an officer. On occasion, a report may not be available within the allotted time period. Therefore, it is best to call the Records Section to determine if the report is available prior to pickup.
- A fee is charged for reports ($5.00).
The public should be aware that some reports may not be subject to release. Those include reports involving juveniles, sex crimes and certain other cases pending adjudication in the criminal court system.
Every effort will be made to provide citizens with the information and reports that they require. Reports can be mailed to those supplying a SASE. Reports can also be requested on-line at email@example.com